Sunday, February 24, 2008

del.icio.us website is a great tool for you!

You should check out delicious.com. It's a spot on the internet where you can organize your favorite websites. It's like bookmarking on your browser, but better because you can access it from anywhere, not just your computer. Also, you can create a network and look at other people's favorites. The librarian at Shorecrest talked about this a bit, but it's way cooler than she made it out to be. I found it is a great tool to organize all those websites out there with lesson plans, rather than googling for them everytime. Also, it's a place to organize all the information about databases she gave us. Check out my page to get started:
http://del.icio.us/kristifowler

3 comments:

Stacy Fournier said...

this is a great idea. i have had a rough time keeping all my bookmarks; they pile up in a list on the bar and i can't remember what's what or where's anything.

thanks for showing me, Kristi.

stirling said...

del.icio.us is a great tool. It's also a good tool for the classroom. For example, you can bookmark a site on del.icio.us that you want all your students to use, tell them how to get to your page (or a page you have created for your teacher personality), and now it is much easier for the students to get to the bookmarked page. Or, if you create a class del.icio.us account, you can have students go look for useful websites and post them to delicious (I got tired of all the periods).

I've also found it useful for tracking recipes that you find on the internet, though that's not so much school related.

Here's my account . Hopefully, there is nothing too embarrassing in there.

Ms. Subcleff said...

AH - this is where we are posting fun links and things. My bad.

I set up a new del.icio.us account for educational purposes since people called me a nerd for saving pictures of cute things. so now i have TWO tasty accounts.

educationfriendly:
teachertanya

personalcuteness:
sublceff

- tsub